Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Hot Pot

After many weeks of not writing in here, I've found some inspiration.

Winter.

Winter makes me want to cook up big steamy pots of hearty food.

Looking through the August edition of Australian Good Food I found this:

Sausage, sun-dried tomato & bean hotpot. (recipe at bottom of post)

It ticked all the right boxes!

So I gathered my ingredients and off I went.




Started by browning up some lamb sausages




Sliced a leek and chopped up some garlic




Drained and rinsed some butter beans




Chopped up a chilli and some sun-dried tomato.




After the sausages browned I took them out, put the garlic and leek in. Then added wine and chicken stock




Added chilli




And lastly popped the sausages back in with the sun-dried tomatoes.

It's now all bagged up in the freezer but let me assure you it's delicious!

Recipe...
1 tbsp olive oil
6 Italian style lamb sausages
1 leek, pale section only thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves crushed (I used 4)
1 c dry white wine
1 c salt reduced chicken stock
Pinch of chilli flakes (I used a whole red chilli)
2 x 400g cans of butter beans rinsed and drained
1/3 c drained chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 c flat leaf parsley (didn't use)

1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan on medium. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and rest for 5 mins. Thinly slice.

2. Add leek to same pan and cool stirring occasionally for 3-4 mins until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 secs, until fragrant. Stir in wine, stock and chilli flakes and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 5 mins, until reduced slightly.

3. Stir in sausage and beans and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 mins until heated through. Season. Stir in tomato and parsley and serve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest